14%

Total votes : 7
<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Track time trial night

Hi guys,

Was thinking with the demise on the master state omnium champs, that we dont get much opportunity to do any track time trials for practice etc. Proper timed ones. Since I quite like the pursuit, and want to improve at it, im pretty keen to get more opportunities to do them on a semi (at least a couple of times a year besides champs) basis.

Was thinking I could organise a time trial night where people could do time trials and pursuits (nominate a distance- 500m, 750m, 1km, 3km, 4km...) where we could get the gates and electronic timing out and people could put up a time.

Would people be interested in this? Would we get the required numbers? Thought by doing pursuits and time trials it would appeal to both sprinters and enduros. Also would be open to juniour, elite and masters.

Thoughts?
<<

Jeremy

silks

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:02 pm

We occasionally do TT's at sprint trainng, and Eddie is pretty flexible. Depending on numbers, he sometimes lets people do their own thing in between efforts etc.

If there were a heap of people wanting to do pursuits though, it'd take up a whole session.
Just another trackie lost in the criterium state.....
<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah that was my thoughts, you couldn't really hold other racing so it would be mainly for the die hards... And people might baulk at paying 10-15 for a sub 4 minute race. Might be able to get a big enough group of keen people to make it viable though
<<

stabmaster arson

PACC Treasurer

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 pm

pick a free date in the calendar and put it on
the ideal number of bikes is one

Return to the cafe