FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cyclo-Sportif Rd 8 - Chicks on Speed report

<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Cyclo-Sportif Rd 8 - Chicks on Speed report

Well the day started unimpressively for me, getting lost on the way to the range – yeah I’ve been there about 3-4 times now, but decided to take the route via the hills instead of South rd. Well I got well and truly lost, (I blame GPSs not marking all the tiny lanes in the country and councils for not maintaining their road name signs).

So anyway arriving a bit later than expected, I met with Sam, Lisa, Amanda, Carly and Paula and headed off for a warm up; being able to keep pace with Carly was my goal and that I did in the 5ks warm up. Our 2nd warm up was when Gemma zoomed in with her Honda.

We lined up for a 10.11 departure, and buggar me if the girls didn’t put the pace on from the get go – out the back I went after my first rotation; Sam collected and coaxed me back to the pack and nestled me in behind Gemma’s wheel. Carly and Gemma took the lead of the pack, with Paula, Lisa and Amanda in the back.

As we rounded the first corner and headed towards the ‘downhill’ we were a tight bunch, with G&C taking the charge - and charge they did! I noticed that at one stage I was pushing hard in a high gear, doing 50kph, yet my heart rate was 141bpm. Being tucked behind their wheels felt like being on a chariot – a brilliant experience.

On the hill leg, Gemma, Carly and Sam all took turns at assisting Paula and I where we need it, while Amanda shared the lead.

We too had a team which we passed on a flat/incline, with 1-2 of their younger members struggling at the back, yet not 5mins later their big front men passed us on an uphill section; then, (yes you guessed it) sat up as their younger ones were struggling. I'm pretty sure Sam got the point across about riding to the strength of their weakest rider. Maybe they need new specticals or something….

The first lap was completed in 32mins ish, as were the other 2, with our final time about 1h 36 (tbc).

The Chicks on Speed came way with the fastest womens team award again; 7/8 for the series and gave it to Paula to take as a memory of her PACC times.

Thanks to all for a good series; I'm kinda looking forward to the next but need to do more training before them.

Lee-Anne
'If ya gonna die, die on the black line' GZ
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm

You forgot something.

This ride report was supposed to be called: "If you bitches can sing you can f*cking ride at the front", as said by by Carly Light in response to Samara belting out an off-key rendition of "Lean on Me" with enthusiastic back up vocals by Lee-Anne, while Sam was pushing Lee-Anne up the Range Hill.
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

Jeremy

silks

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 am

Gemm wrote:You forgot something.

This ride report was supposed to be called: "If you bitches can sing you can f*cking ride at the front", as said by by Carly Light in response to Samara belting out an off-key rendition of "Lean on Me" with enthusiastic back up vocals by Lee-Anne, while Sam was pushing Lee-Anne up the Range Hill.

:sign5:
Just another trackie lost in the criterium state.....
<<

Kellie

helium

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 am

Jeremy wrote:
Gemm wrote:You forgot something.

:sign5:

:laughing3:
Live for today,
Think about tomorrow,
Plan for the future,
... and never take life for granted!
<<

Samara

wire beads

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Oi!!! I have a gift!

....besides - after hauling arse for 3 laps you can forgive me for getting a little excited that the end was neigh

:booty:
Track? TRACK?! I effing love track!

Return to the cafe