FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cycle sport if round 6 - MoS report.

<<

Marky G

PACC President

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Cycle sport if round 6 - MoS report.

Well that was an eventful morning at the range...

The eight strong MoS team arrived in drubs and tabs, with a few pairs warming up around the course. We assembled at the starting coral, and shared pleasantries with PDiddy and his team.

Up to the start line, and we were raring to go. We set off and the pace was high. Lap 1 included a 60kph hit out on the meadows road, as Wenqi began to feel the effects of some big efforts from Alasdair and Deano...

Onto lap 2 and the rotations were working well; Alasdair had by this stage begun to push Wenqi up the inclines. Coming towards the first turn, and we heard that awful sound of bike and rider crashing to the ground. Wenqi hit the deck at circa 40kph. A quick assessment of his injuries and the bike indicated that his day was over. Once we had packed him into the CSA first aid van, we were off once more.

I thought that we had agreed to had a bit of fun and were going to pull out after we finished this lap.... So, we smashed it along the meadows road with yours truly spiking the power meter at 780w, okay it was only for 150m, but hey....

Second time up the hill, and it was that man again, Alasdair pushing me this time. I was so cooked after the flat section. As we came into the third lap, much comment was made as to the reason to complete the third lap. Tricky Micky being one of the protagonists that wanted a finish time.

Lap 3 was possibly the best section of any of this series' for the MoS. Brilliant turns by all with special mention to Alasdair, Deano, and Darren who smashed it at the front. Our final ascent of the hill, and this time Rob was the one suffering.

MoS crossed the finish line in 1.25.31. Our laps were pretty consistent with 28.00, 29.14, 28.11.

Wenqi was all patched up when I last saw him. Hoping that the cuts and bruises heal quickly young chap.

Here's to round 7, although it is after the Alan Smith road race so I maybe calling for eager additions to the usual bunch.

Well done to all PACCers, and to another well run event.
<<

Marky G

PACC President

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Bloody auto correct...
<<

stuc

helium

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:17 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bloody auto correct...
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 am

If you're auto correct stuffed up the title - you should be able to edit it!

Nice work in the race/recreational-event. Hope Wenqi is on the mend.
The ideal number of bikes is one... I just can't decide which one.
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:26 am

Feel better Wenqi :cry:
<<

stabmaster arson

PACC Treasurer

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:28 pm

excellent ministry of sound report, when is the mix cd out?
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

Marky G

PACC President

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 am

StabMeister

We are possibly in need of your Euroness in the next cycle sporting if (sic). Would you be available? It is the day after an early season Road Race; and I know you may be campaigning hard on the road...

Yours in hope. :-)

Marky G

Return to the cafe