FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cyclo Sportif Rnd 2 - Bag of Tricks Report

<<

Kara T

wire beads

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

Cyclo Sportif Rnd 2 - Bag of Tricks Report

I arrived down south at the very respectable time of 9.30 and found most of the Tricks already congregating in the car park, Carl, Virginia and Chris Mack (he was EARLY!). The weather was looking ominous, dark clouds and light spitting of rain. The wind was going to be a factor too, definite southerly blowing. After registering and sadly missing one of our strong and consistent riders, Rob W, we thought about making our way to the line up. Then Rob W appears! Someone unnamed apparently told him 11am. Anyway the jokes are off Chris Mack now and we had a full team ready to roll with our new secret weapon Wenqi and strong front man Mark.
At 10:34.30 exactly we rolled off into the headwind, Carl keeping us at a good pace and taking a batering at the front. We rode good fast formation along the esplanade and we caught and passed the Skinny’s. Then our secret weapon took the front, Wenqi. That kid is fast! We past another team with Wenqi at the helm but at the fast pace we were struggling to keep in formation (okay, I was struggling!), so after the turn at Star of Greece, Mark took to the front to control the pace and from this point we rode 2-2 and this really worked for our team. We kept a steady pace and rode strongly for the second lap.
I forgot to stop my Garmin, but I think we did it in about 55 minutes. Teamwork really won out on the day as we stuck together and when something wasn’t working we sorted it out. Big thanks to Mark and Wenqi who sat at the front for most of the ride and thanks to Mark's derailer for not breaking during the ride!
Great work Bag of Tricks!
<<

V

training wheels

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 am

Don't worry Kara, you weren't the only one struggling when Wenqi took off - he was really fast :smile: Big thanks to Mark who pulled Chris Mack and I back to the group :smile: It was really awesome that we got the whole team riding together so well - I had alot of fun :grin: Thanks Team!
<<

Gazza

training wheels

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Bag of Tricks

Lap 1 split 27:50
Lap 2 split 27:58
Race time 55:48

CSA's website has been down since Saturday. Full results have been done but awaiting to be uploaded when our system is back on line.

Gary S
<<

wenqi

wire beads

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 pm

thanks all i had a great time :grin: and thanks mark for giving me some tips on keeping a constant pace... sorry if my inexperience ruined the ride :oops:
<<

CLP

training wheels

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Probably just echoing what has already been said, but it was such a good ride, especially the last 1 1/2 laps where we held it together a pretty tight bunch.. really enjoyed myself.

Wenqi and Mark were stars, sitting on the front for much of the ride acting as a wind break for the rest of the team. top effort.
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm

I lost count of the number of times I had to call Wenqi back.
@ Wenqi, you did have a constant pace, just a little faster than the rest.
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Wenqi has been promoted to the new B-team :-)
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:38 am

Looks like BOT will need to go for some casual rides (certainly NOT training ;) ) since we are losing more of the people that tend to sit up the front.
<<

V

training wheels

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Just looking at our line up for the next race and it seems we're down to three riders :???: I think Kara said she was out for the next one so we may have to beg/borrow/kidnap riders from some other teams. We've got a while to sort it out but thought I should mention it.
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

damn, well maybe we could borrow Carl back, since the b-side should have enough peeps.
<<

Bulldog

PACC committee

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm

May not have enough to make up a Team, unless Trappy &/or Kara has something up their sleeve. Will miss Carl, Wenqi & Mark.
<<

CLP

training wheels

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm happy enough to ride with Bag of Tricks if it's needed/wanted...

i'll leave that up to the team captains etc to sort out :)
<<

Kara T

wire beads

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:08 am

I still think we did awesome-ly.

Yes I am out for the next one, and it has a lovely hill in it too! I'm sure we'll sort teams closer to the date, might have a few other new people interested in coming in too.

Keep up the training over Xmas team :)
<<

CLP

training wheels

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:22 am

Kara T wrote:I still think we did awesome-ly.

hell yes we did! :D Massive turn around from the last one as far as riding as a team..

Kara T wrote:Keep up the training over Xmas team :)

if by "training" you mean eating lots of delicious food and chilling out on the couch, then yes, i'll be keeping up the training! ;)
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 am

The training should come after the 25/26th so we are all carb/fat/sugar/protein loaded and ready to roll.
Next

Return to the cafe