FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pt Pirie State Masters Games

<<

jxl

silks

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Pt Pirie State Masters Games

The Port Pirie State Masters Games were held from 5-12 April. Track and Road cycling events continued for 4 consecutive days. A total of 46 riders took part.
There were 5 track events and 3 road events .
5 current PACC members (D Parkyn, R Freak, J Lockwood, D Semmler and C Sheldon) and one past PACC Member (B Hargraves) took part. All won medals. Craig gave an outstanding performance in the 20 km ITT.
The track events were held at the Memorial Oval - track length of 500 metres; very windy at times. Choosing the right gearing was a challenge. One un-named PACC rider did attempt to re-introduce grass cycling at the end of the 200m flying.
The criterium circuit was considered to be too dangerous because of rain and the crit was replaced by a shorter road race on a safer circuit - 2 laps of a 9 km circuit.
The social interaction was great and the organisation by the Port Pirie Cycling Club was good.

John L

Port Pirie has the enxt State Masters Games in 2010.

John L
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 pm

C'mon John, spill the beans. What speed did you manage to do on the grass!? :lol:
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

jxl

silks

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Pt Pirie Grass Riding

OK it was me who managed to do the last 50m or so of the flying 200m on the grass - gave the timekeeper a scare. I was blown by a gust of wind between two buildings, then hit a hole in the concrete on the edge of the track, went on the grass and decided that if I was going to come off I would be safer on the grass. Much to my surprise I stayed upright, I went past the finish line on the grass and got a time (I am not sure whether the rules permit that) but they gave me the silver.
There were a few references in my direction to grass, couch, lawnmowers etc from all and sundry for the rest of the games.
<<

timmy

helium

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

John, that is a great story! Haha.

Great effort to not only stay upright, but then get silver!!!

I just wish I witnessed it.

Return to results