FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hector Fletcher / John Lockwood Road Races - 19 August 2012

<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Hector Fletcher / John Lockwood Road Races - 19 August 2012

Hi all,

The Hector Fletcher and John Lockwood Road Races are coming up and will be held on Sunday 19th August at Mt Pleasant.

As in previous years, there will be races in the morning consisting of junior road races and the John Lockwood handicap race for Masters and Women. In the afternoon there will be graded scratch races for any open riders.

As always, we will need some volunteers to help run the show! At this stage we need people for the following jobs:

- Course setup
- Traffic marshalls (accredited and non-accredited)
- Lead cars / follow cars
- KOM judge for the afternoon

We can split these roles across races - so if you are racing in the morning you can help out in the afternoon, and vice versa. Last year Ben Plush was a corner marshall in the morning and won B-grade in the afternoon, evidence that helping out just leads to good karma for your race!

Can you let me know ASAP if you are able to help out with any of these jobs - daniel@pacc.org.au or via forum.

We are also looking for sponsors for the event (particularly cash), if you have a business or know of any businesses that might be interested please pass on their details.

Cheers

Dan
The ideal number of bikes is one... I just can't decide which one.
<<

Alasdair

silks

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Volunteering for the Masters and then getting ready for the graded race didn't work so well for me last year. I'm cool to race the Masters and then volunteer for the graded race though...
Two wheels good, four wheels bad. In a pinch, three will do...
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks Alasdair! Yep I think that last year you were on the start/finish line which isn't ideal if you are trying to race in the afternoon. I'll try for that not to be the case this year.

If you are racing Masters this year, perhaps I will get you to be the afternoon marshall for the final corner of the race (from memory you are accredited?).

If any of the other afternoon racers would like to do the first corner at Springton, that will give you ample time to return to the start area for your race. That corner doesn't need accreditation as you will only be directing the riders and not controlling traffic. (Darren S has already volunteered to do this corner in the afternoon, thanks Darren!)
<<

avenuridge

tricycle

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I can help out in the arvo, I'm not accredited. cheers annabel
<<

Bulldog

PACC committee

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 am

Happy to help out with Corner Marshalling or whatever else you need.

Cheer

Chris
<<

Alasdair

silks

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Accredited and happy to marshall during the graded race.
Two wheels good, four wheels bad. In a pinch, three will do...
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks all. This is looking good. I'll get in touch via email with more details.

Just need one more accredited marshall who can help all day, or two accredited marshalls to split morning/arvo.

Cheers!
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:56 pm

<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I can help out in the Arvo - Setting up before my race last year was a bit of a rush to get to the start line.
<<

Samara

wire beads

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 pm

per googlegroup email - im happy to do the follow car thing. For a stiff coffee i could be bribed to do morning and afternoon.... :grin:
Track? TRACK?! I effing love track!
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks Tracey - you've got corner marshall accreditation don't you? (I feel like I'm sure you've marshalled before but my memory fails me.)

And thanks Sam, I reckon we can help you out with that coffee!

Now just need a couple more accredited marshalls for the morning!! And maybe a couple more follow car drivers.

Oh and the other thing we need is for anyone racing to get your entries in!!
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes Marshalled before
No Not Accredited Marshall
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

No worries Tracey - have got you down for afternoon follow car duties as per email :)

We now just need:

- All day marshall for the start/finish area (or someone for the morning and someone for the afternoon)

- Morning marshall for the Mt Pleasant corner - for those racing in the afternoon this job may not be ideal. It would be a great job for a parent or friend of someone racing in the morning.

Thanks so much to everyone who has volunteered so far, you are making the organisation of this event very easy!
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

DanielS wrote:No worries Tracey - have got you down for afternoon follow car duties as per email :)

We now just need:

- All day marshall for the start/finish area (or someone for the morning and someone for the afternoon)

- Morning marshall for the Mt Pleasant corner - for those racing in the afternoon this job may not be ideal. It would be a great job for a parent or friend of someone racing in the morning.

Thanks so much to everyone who has volunteered so far, you are making the organisation of this event very easy!

As long as riders don't mind pushing my car up the hills :grin: :twisted:
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:36 am

Looking for someone who can tow the club trailer to and from Mt Pleasant! Ideally this might also involve storing the trailer at your place after the CX racing this weekend.
Next

Return to upcoming