FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

This Summer's Cyclosportifs

<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:24 pm

V wrote:Assuming the license issue gets sorted we'll be good to go! I even did a practise run this morning (home and back to work again) after I realised I forgot my work pants! :oops: Fastest I've ever ridden there and back again I think! :grin:

Even if your license isn't sorted you have got a license (the bit of paper) and you can pay on the day for your entry and transponder. They're aware you and Carl are awaiting the administrative machine to catch up... I have received confirmation of this. It's not your fault the system goes too slowly!

LOL @ forgetting work pants, we have all done it....
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Gemm wrote:
V wrote:Assuming the license issue gets sorted we'll be good to go! I even did a practise run this morning (home and back to work again) after I realised I forgot my work pants! :oops: Fastest I've ever ridden there and back again I think! :grin:

Even if your license isn't sorted you have got a license (the bit of paper) and you can pay on the day for your entry and transponder. They're aware you and Carl are awaiting the administrative machine to catch up... I have received confirmation of this. It's not your fault the system goes too slowly!

LOL @ forgetting work pants, we have all done it....

Yeah what Gemma Said :P
<<

Kara T

wire beads

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:25 am

I got this information (from another source). Do I need to email my team and all that on Thursday?

1. Inform Marie Hedley of your team(s) name and rider data base as soon as possible.
2. Notify Marie Hedley the Thursday prior to a Cyclo Sportif event the names of the riders who will be participating in your team(s).
3. Ensure all of your riders have paid online [through the CA website] by the Thursday night prior to the event. This includes purchasing a Transponder [if required].
4. Make sure all your team riders know the course and how many laps they are completing.

On the day of the event:
a) Make sure that all your riders have their transponder mounted on their bike
- if anyone forgets to bring theirs, they need to ‘loan’ one from the admin area
b) When a new member has to purchase a transponder ensure they do so prior to 9.30am
c) Notify the admin area if there are any rider changes to your team
d) If any riders have not paid online, ensure they pay at the admin area prior to 9.30am
e) Check your team start time & pick up your team number from the admin area
- The team manager should be the one who wears the number
f) Reinforce ride protocol, safety and road rules (especially passing teams/interference and team drafting)
g) Managers need to assume responsibility and ‘manage’ the team while they are competing in the event
h) Obey all marshals (start area/corner/traffic) as they are there for you safety and to help the event to run smoothly - it is better to say Thanks to them than to criticise them
i) Make sure your team is at the rider assembly area at least 5 minutes before your start time
j) Ensure your team enjoys the ride
k) After the ride fill out the nomination sheet for individual trophies
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 am

Kara T wrote:I got this information (from another source). Do I need to email my team and all that on Thursday?

1. Inform Marie Hedley of your team(s) name and rider data base as soon as possible.
2. Notify Marie Hedley the Thursday prior to a Cyclo Sportif event the names of the riders who will be participating in your team(s).
3. Ensure all of your riders have paid online [through the CA website] by the Thursday night prior to the event. This includes purchasing a Transponder [if required].
4. Make sure all your team riders know the course and how many laps they are completing.

On the day of the event:
a) Make sure that all your riders have their transponder mounted on their bike
- if anyone forgets to bring theirs, they need to ‘loan’ one from the admin area
b) When a new member has to purchase a transponder ensure they do so prior to 9.30am
c) Notify the admin area if there are any rider changes to your team
d) If any riders have not paid online, ensure they pay at the admin area prior to 9.30am
e) Check your team start time & pick up your team number from the admin area
- The team manager should be the one who wears the number
f) Reinforce ride protocol, safety and road rules (especially passing teams/interference and team drafting)
g) Managers need to assume responsibility and ‘manage’ the team while they are competing in the event
h) Obey all marshals (start area/corner/traffic) as they are there for you safety and to help the event to run smoothly - it is better to say Thanks to them than to criticise them
i) Make sure your team is at the rider assembly area at least 5 minutes before your start time
j) Ensure your team enjoys the ride
k) After the ride fill out the nomination sheet for individual trophies

I will be giving a list to marie on thursday of all teams above just to make it easy for everyone. and giving you all a grade :) Marie will put you in a Grade next time by how fast you all ride.
just let me no if anybody isn't riding and make sure they have a transponder etc.
You just have to let the team members that haven't done this before about the rules and what time to meet.
Make sure they all no that you all stick together and look after each other that is the main rule and have FUN. :grin:
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am

MARSHAL STILL NEEDED FOR SUNDAY -
CLUB GETS PAID AND YOU LOOK GOOD :grin:
ANYBODY
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am

Looking for a spot on a slowish team for sunday (what is 'slow' defined as). Time to break out the PACC gear i've had for months.
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Rob w wrote:Looking for a spot on a slowish team for sunday (what is 'slow' defined as). Time to break out the PACC gear i've had for months.

have sent you a message Rob
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

almost there, purchased my transponder, but trying to register for the sportif online, and the cycling SA site goes down :???:
What are the team names???
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Rob w wrote:almost there, purchased my transponder, but trying to register for the sportif online, and the cycling SA site goes down :???:
What are the team names???

Your team is PACC's Bag of tricks :)
<<

RobSA

wire beads

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 pm

BOT

Nominated and waiting to be let loose ... only kidding.
Apart from the CX races this will be my first official roadie thingo.

Go V, you would have been just a blur :lol:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've had a mechanical :D
<<

Rob w

wire beads

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:15 pm

I''m nominated also. Looking forward to it
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Online Payments End tonight so if you haven't paid - Move it along peeps.

Teams will be sent of to Marie by 4pm this arvo

I will be outside the Pub at 730am at Williamstown to help out the Newbies, on Sunday morning.

Remember it's Team Work and Suppose to be fun so look after your troops.

:cool:
<<

Marky G

PACC President

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 pm

"Remember it's Team Work and Suppose to be fun so look after your troops."

Like.

To the PACC Men of Steel - forging (!) ahead.
<<

Marky G

PACC President

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07 am

Start times up on CSA site...

Laters.
<<

trapcycle

silks

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Here we Go

SEE YOU TROOPS TOMORROW IF I CAN FIND YOU AMONG THE 41 TEAMS AND OVER 250 PEEPS. Eeek :grin:

REMEMBER IT'S FUN :twisted:
Previous

Return to upcoming