FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Winter Track Revival - Series 2

<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi daverad...
Yes the post was removed late Fri on the request of CSA.
As of Late Monday we can add the following:

"Those U17 wanting to race 'up' in the PACC winter series must speak to their coach/Ian Pedler, who will then message me and i will then apply to CSA to see if the U17 rider can race up"

As of the Monday 11th i had only 1 appliation from a U17 to race up , this has been applied for and approved. PM me on here tonight to discuss if you want to enter, but it may be too late.
'If ya gonna die, die on the black line' GZ
<<

stabmaster arson

PACC Treasurer

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

a lot of sprints in the points races... wonder how many 1st timers won't come back after that :cool:
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 pm

stabmaster arson wrote:a lot of sprints in the points races... wonder how many 1st timers won't come back after that :cool:

You will notice that the points race is the last of the 3 nights.
I have taken on comments regarding the number of sprints in the event, and when i catch up with those people in person i will discuss the races and amend the race details accordingly.
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:05 am

Night 2: 10th Aug
Heart Starter
OE Scratch:
A Grade- 40 laps
B Grade – 30 laps
C Grade – 20 laps
W Grade – 15 laps
29-7 update: Win and out
29-7 update: Derbies

Hi Trackies :hello2:

Night 2 is fast approaching and I've just posted the updated race schedule for the night. Clerk Dallas and I have mixed it up a bit - with a win and out, (Derbies may still be cut for another type of event - hence the surprise element. The omnium event is the Scratch race.

Yes this will be your last chance to race of the track before it get it's make over a-la: Renovators, the Block, My Room Rules, Top Design, Tradie for the Ladies (room)....you know the style - (I’m wondering which CSA/OSR person will get voted off first...... :shock: Rest assured its being worked on my pros!)

I digress!

$15, Sign on from 6 as usual, racing starts at 6.45.
Let me know (here or pm) if you're about to vollee for the night - get's ya an entry to CX or another club event :)
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

I Hope you are all getting excited for the big week of racing ahead of us.
A shout out to non-track riders and/or rider's partner/friend/family we are in need of some vollees for the night
Sign on x1
Judge x 2
Clerk of Course x 1

If you know anyone who can help please pm me or text on 0431 120 802

Cheers - see you Wed :)
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 am

Well the time has flown and another racing night is one its way
All the paint is dry and the nails have been put in their place for PACC’s final night of Winter racing. We've got a few experienced riders coming up from the Junior ranks and they will def beef out the already buldging B-grade.

Wed 14th September 6.15 warm up for a 6.45 start. $15 all riders

Vollee's always welcome - So far Mark Fergo (PACC's Newest Commie) is a def. Remeber if you dont (or cant) race track coming out will still be a social affair :lol:

The events are as follows:
Heart Starter
A-16
B-12
C-10
W-10

Omnium Championship Event: Points Race:
A Grade – 48 laps, sprinting at 41, 33, 25, 17, 9 and 1
B Grade – 40 laps sprinting at 33, 25, 17, 9 and 1
C Grade – 32 laps sprinting at 25, 17, 9 and 1
W Grade – 24 laps sprinting at 19 13 7 and 1

points awarded for the sprint laps:
1st - 5, 2nd-4, 3rd-3, 4th-2, 5th-1 6th+ 0
NO points for lapping the field - we are trying to keep it as a sprint at the specific laps

Surprise Event
see below

Derbies
as per usual

**Surprise Event** ‘The Australian Pursuit’
This is envisaged to be a fun event that will spice up the night and give everyone (watching) a good laugh.
Riders are positioned at even distances around the track being held on the duck board (eg 10 riders, each 25 mtrs apart)
A one-step push start will be allowed; Holders must stay at their start point and count how many times their rider passes them, (this will come in handy to determine the winner).
The race starts NO FREE LAPS GIVEN; ride on the black line; the aim is to catch the person in front of you. To pass a person you must move out to the right and clearly pass. Passing is considered as the Passer’s front axel passing the front of the wheel of the passie.
If a situation occurs that a rider is just holding off being passed by another rider, and this group of 2 then comes up behind another rider, and a boxing in occurs, riders must hold their lines and not deviate, unless the clear space becomes available.
If you are caught and passed by the person behind you, you have been eliminated; you must hold your line and leave the track via the duck board. Holders leave their original position when their rider has been eliminated.
The race will continue until there are 2 riders left on the track. There will then be a 2 lap bell given (at the lead rider’s position) to see which rider is able to get back to their original starting point. The first rider back will be considered the winner.
It is expected that riders in other grades will be used as holders for the grade racing. Grading will be A/B, B/C, C/W according to numbers available.

If you have really techniqual questions.... ask away, but remember this is meant to be a fun race no points are earned from it, just a trial

Presentation of the Omnimum Championship will occur in conjunction with the CX series 2 presentation and a pub and date tba

Looking forward to the new look track!
See you there
Lee-Anne
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi All,

Well Im certainly looking forward to riding indoors this week (we are very lucky here in Adl to have an indoor track so we should make the most of it!)

Just curious, if anyone has a bike/helmet mounted video camera that we could get some footage of the racing with. Or has anyone got a friend in the stands who could video it for us?

Cheers
<<

Lee-Anne

silks

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi again,
Have just been informed that this Wed there will be coffee/tea/milo and an assortment of biscuits/lollies/snacks available in the centre of the Superdrome.

The vollees from CSA are out to raise some $ - 'bring it on - with a Kingston biscuit' I say :)

Please support them, so they can support us better too!
<<

stabmaster arson

PACC Treasurer

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:17 pm

interesting :lol:
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

becf

training wheels

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:14 pm

As I am still unable to ride, I can help out on the night if you want to give me something exciting to do?
Previous

Return to upcoming