FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Volunteering to help run PACC events

<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am

Volunteering to help run PACC events

As you know, we are always looking for people to help out at races.

There are plenty of jobs that need doing: traffic marshalling, sign-on, judging, timing, DJing, and so on! You may be surprised to know that its actually pretty fun doing these things! It is also a good learning experience to find out what goes on behind the scenes.

As an even bigger incentive, we will now offer a free club race entry to anyone who volunteers at a PACC event. So, if you help out, you get a free race next time. If you help out and you are not a rider, you can give someone else a free race on the day (e.g. your child, partner, etc).

There is one caveat that applies to this system: You must notify the race organiser or myself in advance if you are able to help. It is impossible to plan events unless we know that we have all of the jobs covered before the day. Also, there are a limited number of jobs that need doing, so we need to check that there is something for you to do.

Note that the free race entry is for PACC club races only (road and track). We cannot offer free entry to events run by other clubs or into our open races (e.g. Hector Fletcher).

Members of other clubs who assist at our races are also included and you are very welcome to contact us if you would like to help out!

If we don't get enough volunteers to run events then they cannot go ahead. So please help out if you can.

Please let me know or ask away if you have any questions.
<<

Samara

wire beads

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 pm

TT - Sunday 22 Jan 2012

Hey champ - i can help out at the TT this Sunday if you like. Dont feel like taking the cx... ;)
Track? TRACK?! I effing love track!
<<

Alasdair

silks

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Dan, I found my Traffic Marshall certificate the other day if you need a scan for the records.
Two wheels good, four wheels bad. In a pinch, three will do...
<<

Jeremy

silks

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:33 pm

I've never actually seen a certificate to show I've done the course....does the club have it?
Just another trackie lost in the criterium state.....
<<

will

PACC committee

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Traffic marshall certificate

The traffic marshall certificate is old, now there is a card of business card size, that is laminated.
It has your name at the top and say you are trained as a traffic marshall.
Your name and the words traffic marshall are in bold text.
This card is posted to you from SAPOL, after you have sat the course.
<<

Jeremy

silks

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Traffic marshall certificate

will wrote:The traffic marshall certificate is old, now there is a card of business card size, that is laminated.
It has your name at the top and say you are trained as a traffic marshall.
Your name and the words traffic marshall are in bold text.
This card is posted to you from SAPOL, after you have sat the course.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get a card sent out then.....at the moment, I have no proof of ever having done the course....
Just another trackie lost in the criterium state.....
<<

will

PACC committee

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Traffic marshall

If you done the course, that CSA had organised. Contact CSA, they may have you name listed as attending the course and they may help with obtaining a card.

Return to upcoming