FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Winter training

<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Winter training

Just putting out feelers to see if anyone would be interested....

This coming winter I'll be looking to do some regular weekday early morning training, specificaly Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm in the campbelltown area, and will base most of the riding around the eastern suburbs foothills (Norton Summit, Old freeway etc).

I'd like to get a little group going to help with motivation etc (especially when the weather turns bad). Basically my plan would be head off around 5.30 to get a couple of hours in before work. My idea for the structure would be:-

Tuesday - 2x20min, working up to 3x20 up nortons
Wednesday - Solid ride up to lofty
Thurs - 2x30min working up to 3x30min up the old freeway

Idea is to build a solid endurance over the winter. Would anyone be interested in joining? Only requirement is you are reliable :grin: .

Cheers,
Alan
<<

Spoonman

hobby horse

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:06 pm

I like the idea of it, but reliability would be my issue. I'm pretty much out of action until end of April...Outside of that, though, sounds good
<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am

I can't imagine myself getting it going before the end of april due to work/study committments. I am starting a new job soon and want to be settled into that before I begin. Also away for two weeks in april, so it will probably be after that. I wouldn't mind if people came and went on different days, as long as there is a core group that always meet. If its freezing and wet I don't want to be waiting around for nobody!

I will keep people posted when I start it up.
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 am

In theory this is the sort of thing I'd like to join you for, but in practice I can't see myself ever getting up that early!

I've done 6:30am starts at the bottom of Norton quite a bit, and that's enough for me :shock:
The ideal number of bikes is one... I just can't decide which one.
<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm

unfortunately have to get up that early to get the hours in before work :(
<<

Spoonman

hobby horse

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Is this still likely to be a happening thing?
<<

Alan

wire beads

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 pm

It is intended to be - I havent got myself organised yet as I have been massively busy, but when I do I will let people know. I dont want to start it before I know I can be out consistently. I will post in here when I do get it going

Return to training