FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

John Venturi - All Grades

<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:42 pm

stabmaster arson wrote:its pretty pointless handing out such small fines and DQing only one person if they want to squash the centre line issue

The fines aren't small, especially when they accumulate over a race. A DQ would for for prolonged 'wrong-sidedness'??? The amazing Barndogg wouldn't have been the only one fined....just look at the video! :mad:

In track, a relegation or DQ is accompanied with an explaination in the results. Eg, in an epic sprint enounter between but Stu and an interstate interloper at the 2009 masters state titles for 3rd place and a bronze state medal:

Stuart CLEMENT Port Adelaide C.C. vs Robert DEVOLLE Preston Cycling Club Inc
Round 1 DEVOLLE 14.684sec
Rider 16 Robert DEVOLLE (Preston Cycling Club Inc) relegated in round 1 for not having held his line during the last 200 metres of the race

In major road races, results are often published with the accompanying fines, eg: Mario Cipollini being fined every day of the 1997 tour for wearing different coloured shorts each day (none being part of team uniform). :lol:

Do you think the local road race results should show who has been fined or relegated, and details of the offence?
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

sam england

helium

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Gemm wrote:enounter between but Stu and an interstate interloper

:lol: I'm sure there's a typo there somewhere - was it a missing "t"? :P

Gemm wrote:Do you think the local road race results should show who has been fined or relegated, and details of the offence?

Sounds reasonable to me.
the best way to start the day is with a large serve of pain for breakfast
<<

jacques ankletell

wire beads

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I seem to recall 10 or 12 years ago, that there was a serious attempt by the Police to ban all road racing in South Australia. This was, I believe, mainly due to "over the line" infringements. I think we need to think a bit further than winning a few bucks and a place in a local bike race. Think about the future of cycling in South Australia.
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm

jacques ankletell wrote:I seem to recall 10 or 12 years ago, that there was a serious attempt by the Police to ban all road racing in South Australia. This was, I believe, mainly due to "over the line" infringements. I think we need to think a bit further than winning a few bucks and a place in a local bike race. Think about the future of cycling in South Australia.

I agree. We are very lucky to be able to race on open roads and it would really suck to lose that privilege. Perfectly fair to disqualify riders and fine them for centreline infractions, particularly if they've been warned already.

Gemma - I can't see a problem with listing DQFs/relegations and the reason - e.g. "Daniel Searson - relegated - took shortcut twice" :wink:
The ideal number of bikes is one... I just can't decide which one.
<<

Quagmire

tubular

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 pm

jacques ankletell wrote:I seem to recall 10 or 12 years ago, that there was a serious attempt by the Police to ban all road racing in South Australia. This was, I believe, mainly due to "over the line" infringements. I think we need to think a bit further than winning a few bucks and a place in a local bike race. Think about the future of cycling in South Australia.

As great as the Vic Park circuit is, it would be somewhat disappointing to have to ride that circuit all year round due to banning of road racing. The col de Vic Park isn't that challenging.

On another note, did the Officials turn a blind eye to the sprints? Was anyone relegated for sprinting on the wrong side of the road?
<<

stabmaster arson

PACC Treasurer

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 pm

i dont even do road races so my opinion is pretty worthless, nige just wanted me to back him up :lol:
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

stuc

helium

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Gemm wrote:in an epic sprint enounter between but Stu and an interstate interloper at the 2009 masters state titles
Did you have to remind me of that? :evil:

The race result hurts as does the debacle at the medalling to some degree but the tremendous support from clubmates and bikemates put all that in perspective and the memory will linger for a very long time. :grin: :grin:
<<

Quagmire

tubular

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Links to all grades are now updated in original post. Unfortunately the finish for C grade was not filmed.
Previous

Return to photo gallery