FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New PACC member

<<

Paul Main

hobby horse

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 pm

New PACC member

Hi all not sure were to post this.I have two road bikes,one MTB and a trailer for my daughter(Amy)she also has her first bike(lil ripper balance bike)Looking to join up as a recreational rider at this stage and hoping to inprove fitness,i work afternoon shift's and sundays,have morning's of to ride or put bike on a indoor trainer if weather is bad.Hoping to get tips on improving on hills and maintaining high intensity for long distance and improving on average speed's.Most of my fitness is based on cycling,i do a bit of weight training in my shed which is aimed at toning and losing a bit of weight(not bulking up)Have done the TDU community and coast to coast rides and hoping to do them again just a bit fitter and faster.
Cheers
Paul
<<

d413

tubular

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:02 am

How to join PACC

Hello Paul,
Welcome to the forum :)
Racing can sound daunting at first, but once you get to know a few people it really is just another excuse to go for a ride out with mates, so I am sure it will not take long for the bug to bite!

Check out 'Gemm's" post here for all the info you need to join up, all the pricing details are on there or you can check out cycling sa for more of the same info.

Best of luck Paul, hope to see you around some time.
Regards, Dale
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Paul,
Further to Dale's post, you might find the best way to test and train your increased ability to ride at higher intensity is to have a go at PACC's Time Trial series over summer, they're short (<18km) tests of speed and as they say you don't really know how you'll go till you pin a number on your back.

You might like a father/daughter way to get involved in the club together - we have another cyclocrss event coming up on the 17th September, you could ride your MTB (or your least favourite road bike) and there's usually a whole gaggle of kids on balance bikes out there having a go!

the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

Paul Main

hobby horse

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info where can i find info on the cyclocrss where it is,time of day ect,have marked it on the calander at this stage just want to come out have a look and ask questions and get info.My daughter isn't up there like the kids in the picture but is running around the house on her balance bike so if she can see others doing it mite kick start her to get involved with others.Can i talk to someone regarding joining up to pacc as a recreational rider and just easy my way in and go from there.Would like to see some indoor track riding close up (wife says no)get the bug for that need another bike good for me.
Cheers
Paul
<<

Sean

wire beads

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 pm

I am a mutant!
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Paul, Just sent you a PM.