FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PACCers at the BikeSA Dirty Weekend

<<

stuc

helium

Post Mon May 04, 2009 7:50 pm

PACCers at the BikeSA Dirty Weekend

Great to see such a turnout from PACCers at the BikeSA Dirty Weekend held at the Cudlee Fox mountain bike trails over the weekend.

Daniel, Sam and Ben teamed with Nick to come fourth in the 24 hour Team of 4 category. Great effort guys.

The Stabmaster and Barndogg rolled up on Sunday after the PACC Mt Torrens race to cheer the boys on for the final few laps. Support much appreciated as were the visits from family and friends. Pancake yesterday was a winner!

Also out there for the Sunday 6 hour were Craig, Corinne and Marty representing the Cycle Worx team. Fantastic effort for the last two of these with no experience of singletrack being gutsy enough to take on the obstacles of Cudlee Fox. Hats off.

All up a great event and very fun weekend.
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 pm

I've gotta add in a big thankyou to Stu here as he was a huge help to us over the weekend.

My fellow roadie people - beware of mountain bike races. They bring pain!!

How quickly one forgets though... I'm already thinking about next year...
The ideal number of bikes is one... I just can't decide which one.
<<

Gecho82

I ams teh spamz0r!

Post Mon May 04, 2009 10:05 pm

DanielS wrote:My fellow roadie people - beware of mountain bike races. They bring pain!!

But must be hell fun tho

:shock:
Ive had a sudden realization of absolute truth!, think thats an epiphany?
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Mon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Gecho82 wrote:But must be hell fun tho

Indeed.... riding good singletrack (and surviving) is so much fun that it should be illegal :grin:
<<

sam england

helium

Post Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 pm

DanielS wrote:I've gotta add in a big thankyou to Stu here as he was a huge help to us over the weekend.

My fellow roadie people - beware of mountain bike races. They bring pain!!

How quickly one forgets though... I'm already thinking about next year...

I agree on all three points :!:

Stu was there, placing a third blanket on me as I shivered between laps, at 4am in the morning. Huge appreciation to Stu and our other support crew.
the best way to start the day is with a large serve of pain for breakfast
<<

stuc

helium

Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Oops just seen the official results. The lads came fifth.

How close was that? Five teams one lap off the winners and second place who scored 33 laps in the 24 hours. Those five teams separated by only 35 minutes.

Yep time to think about the next one!
<<

Gecho82

I ams teh spamz0r!

Post Tue May 05, 2009 2:05 pm

stuc wrote:Yep time to think about the next one!

when is the next one?
Ive had a sudden realization of absolute truth!, think thats an epiphany?
<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue May 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Gecho82 wrote:when is the next one?

I believe the next 24 hour would be about a year from now... unless you go interstate. Thinking of entering??
<<

stuc

helium

Post Tue May 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey Sam you can join us in the mid-North over the October Labour Day long weekend for some solid MTB fun.

Saturday 3 October I will be leading the Frypan Classic ride from the Stone Hut Bakery through Wirrabara Forest, along the Mawson Trail, looping the Bartagunyah Winery singletracks, on to the Melrose singletracks on Don's property and out on Dodging Bullets singletrack (a real cracker) to come out at the Melrose Showgrounds and back to Melrose for BBQ, beer and b'sh't.

Sunday 4 October Adelaide Mountain Bike Club in conjunction with Over The Edge in Melrose are running the Melrose Enduro race around Mt Remarkable. Two laps of 50km each with option of one only if you are scared the beer will go flat in your absence. Team from PACC???

Monday 5 October there will be rides aplenty on the Melrose singletracks and/or cruising around Wirrabara forest as people head back to Adelaide.

Training for this lot commences soon.

And there is the Fat Tyre Festival in Melrose over the June long weekend. Tough options as above and more friendly ride options for the not-so-fit-and-frantic (ie stuff that Glenys enjoys). I will be leading a night ride on the easier singletracks - oppo for you to give that a go. The lads did really, really well with the lights over the weekend so they can give you tips I'm sure and can tell you how different it is when the old sol disappears below the horizon.
<<

Dr Matt

Ze Doktor iz in!

Post Tue May 05, 2009 7:33 pm

The question is: do Kellie and I really need a eleventh and twelfth bike(s)?
cheers
Matt..

with the right tools, I can do anything
with the wrong tools, you'll have to give me a minute ... and a new right shoulder ... and a new upper spine ...

<<

DanielS

Titanium

Post Tue May 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Matt D wrote:The question is: do Kellie and I really need a eleventh and twelfth bike(s)?

:shock: Your bike room must be impressive.

The answer is, of course, yes.
<<

Gemm

PACC VP

Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Matt D wrote:The question is: do Kellie and I really need a eleventh and twelfth bike(s)?

The optimum number of bicycles in a household is:
nO=nc+1

where nO = the optimum number of bikes
nc = the current number of bikes

:lol:
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

stuc

helium

Post Thu May 07, 2009 12:16 am

MattD wrote:The question is: do Kellie and I really need a eleventh and twelfth bike(s)?

Get on up to Melrose for the FTF and hire one from Al and Rich at Over the Edge. Craig and Corinne are joining in the fun this year too.

BTW Mr Mr Over the Edge, Troy Rarick, will be over with some USter dudes for the Melrose FTF. Troy saved Fruita, Colorado by building trails in the hills around the town. An amazing story and a very energetic and entertaining man.

Return to the broom wagon