FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

why do people...

<<

stabmaster arson

User avatar

PACC Treasurer

Posts: 1035

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:02 am

why do people...

flip the leg grippers 'upwise'? we can all agree that females do a lot of strange things so i never questioned it but recently i have noticed BLOKES doing it
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

timmy

User avatar

helium

Posts: 572

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Location: Welland

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 am

hmmmm now that is a question worth pondering...

I can only think of two reasons:

1) Trying to avoid unsightly mid-thigh tan lines...

If this is the reason then they are in for an unpleasent surprise when they realise they have only managed to raise the tan line up an inch.

2) Sometimes when you first put on your knicks the leg grippers give you the shits so you turn them up and ride for a bit so they settle in a comfortable position. Perhaps they have forgotton to flip them back down (or saw some euro doing this and thought it was cool!).

They are my thoughts on the subject... I think Luki might be able to add something to this discussion, he seems to enjoy the sight of his own legs/thighs!
<<

Gemm

User avatar

PACC VP

Posts: 2550

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:30 pm

Location: Henley Beach

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:56 am

Some of the grippers can give some people skin allergies. If I wear them gripper down on a long hot day, I will get blisters...

The other reason is some shorts are too long :-)
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

stabmaster arson

User avatar

PACC Treasurer

Posts: 1035

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:28 am

timmy wrote:hmmmm now that is a question worth pondering...

I can only think of two reasons:

1) Trying to avoid unsightly mid-thigh tan lines...


there is nothing unsightly about euro tan!
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

aimeebear

User avatar

helium

Posts: 792

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:43 am

Location: Broadview

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:44 am

I'm not a big grip flipper myself, however - I did purchase a pair knicks not that long ago that are actually made with the grip part flipped up!

I guess they saw everyone doing it and figured it was the stylish thing to do :lol:
I like to ride my bicycle.
<<

Liv13

User avatar

helium

Posts: 614

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Location: Adelaide

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am

Style. Enough said :cool:

However it should only be done on decent shorts like Pearl Izumi, descente... and some other brands that have logo branded elastic underneath, so when you flip the short you can read the brand. Shorts without this feature shouldn't be flipped!

Also length is an issue for girls with short legs, wearing mens knicks :lol:
Forzaviva
<<

stabmaster arson

User avatar

PACC Treasurer

Posts: 1035

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:45 am

Liv13 wrote:Style. Enough said :cool:

However it should only be done on decent shorts like Pearl Izumi, descente... and some other brands that have logo branded elastic underneath, so when you flip the short you can read the brand. Shorts without this feature shouldn't be flipped!

Also length is an issue for girls with short legs, wearing mens knicks :lol:


ah yes, the old 'prominent logos at all times' rule :cool:

tim, i am glad i am not the only person who has questioned this. flipped grippers are my personal FGPP i think.

next topic, high socks?
the ideal number of bikes is one
<<

Dr Matt

User avatar

Ze Doktor iz in!

Posts: 1224

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:28 pm

Location: Adelaide, SA

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:53 am

Liv13 wrote:Style.

Still a poor substitute for substance.
squid wrote:next topic, high socks?

indeed.
cheers
Matt..

with the right tools, I can do anything
with the wrong tools, you'll have to give me a minute ... and a new right shoulder ... and a new upper spine ...

Image
<<

Liv13

User avatar

helium

Posts: 614

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Location: Adelaide

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Matt D wrote:
Liv13 wrote:Style.

Still a poor substitute for substance


Words of someone without any :lol:

Matt D wrote:
squid wrote:next topic, high socks?

indeed.


h0t... only if you have the calves to match them :lol:
Forzaviva
<<

LukieSpookie

User avatar

helium

Posts: 757

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Location: Blackwood

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Why thank you for your kind words Timothy :P

Rolling up your leg grippers is about as cool as this guy rolling up his jeans...

Image

It is the anti style. Liv I'm really disappointed in you.
<<

Liv13

User avatar

helium

Posts: 614

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Location: Adelaide

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:47 pm

On team issue shorts like your CSC ones... I wouldn't go there! But on plain Pearl's... I would :grin:
Forzaviva
<<

Gemm

User avatar

PACC VP

Posts: 2550

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:30 pm

Location: Henley Beach

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="Liv13]
h0t... only if you have the calves to match them :lol:[/quote]

Nah I disagree. it only looks good on skinny roadies. Daimo - you can wear long socks. :lol:
Sprinters have the calves, but long socks - naaaarrrr - it detracts from the maseeveness. People with maseeve calves look h0t in very short socks! :twisted:
the ideal number of bikes is one more than you currently have
<<

Liv13

User avatar

helium

Posts: 614

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Location: Adelaide

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Gemm wrote:Nah I disagree. it only looks good on skinny roadies. Daimo - you can wear long socks. :lol:
Sprinters have the calves, but long socks - naaaarrrr - it detracts from the maseeveness. People with maseeve calves look h0t in very short socks! :twisted:


I would agree with this. Only enduro's... Seen some track enduros with very niice calves & high socks... Reeeow! But again... there must be some substantial calf definition for the high sock to be allowed! The sock should then finish approximately 2cm below the bottom of the calf :lol:

Sprinters best stick to ankle socks! Long socks would only make your legs look shorter :lol:
Forzaviva
<<

LukieSpookie

User avatar

helium

Posts: 757

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Location: Blackwood

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Liv13 wrote:
Gemm wrote:Nah I disagree. it only looks good on skinny roadies. Daimo - you can wear long socks. :lol:
Sprinters have the calves, but long socks - naaaarrrr - it detracts from the maseeveness. People with maseeve calves look h0t in very short socks! :twisted:


I would agree with this. Only enduro's... Seen some track enduros with very niice calves & high socks... Reeeow! But again... there must be some substantial calf definition for the high sock to be allowed! The sock should then finish approximately 2cm below the bottom of the calf :lol:

Sprinters best stick to ankle socks! Long socks would only make your legs look shorter :lol:


Socks are even pushing it. They shouldn't be doing exercise long enough to require socks.
<<

David

User avatar

helium

Posts: 732

Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 11:20 am

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Liv13 wrote:On team issue shorts like your CSC ones... I wouldn't go there! But on plain Pearl's... I would :grin:


I have to admit to rolling up the grippers on my Pearl's and my Assos shorts. After all, when you pay that much for knicks you might as well let everyone know you've got them! :wink: Although, to be honest it's a tan-line issue for me - I have to get it in the right position so it doesn't look ghey when I have my skinsuit on for track.

As for style vs. substance....I'd rather suck and look good than suck and look bad! :lol:
Once you've had track, you'll never go back!
Next

Return to the broom wagon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron